Spring/Summer Rugs from Horseware, Weatherbeeta, Shires and more - all below RRP. Click here to see the range!
Tuffa Whopper Merino British Made Socks are made from luxurious merino wool mix long riding sock with padded foot
These Socks are super stretchy, ideal for the larger/longer leg, with contrast heel and toe with Tuffa logo
Merino Wool Facts:
Merino wool is common in high-end, performance athletic wear. Typically meant for use in running, hiking, skiing, mountain climbing, cycling, and in other types of outdoor aerobic exercise, these clothes command a premium over synthetic fabrics.
Several properties contribute to merino's popularity for exercise clothing, compared to wool in general and to other types of fabric:
· Merino is excellent at regulating body temperature, especially when worn against the skin. The wool provides some warmth, without overheating the wearer. It draws moisture (sweat) away from the skin, a phenomenon known as wicking. The fabric is slightly moisture repellent (keratin fibres are hydrophobic at one end and hydrophilic at the other), allowing the user to avoid the feeling of wetness.
· Like cotton, wool absorbs water (up to 1/3 its weight), but, unlike cotton, wool retains warmth when wet thus, helping wearers avoid hypothermia after strenuous workouts (climbs) or weather events.
· Like most wools, merino contains lanolin, which has antibacterial properties.
· Merino is one of the softest types of wool available, due to finer fibres and smaller scales.
· Merino has an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio compared to other wools, in part because the smaller fibres have microscopic cortices of dead air, trapping body heat similar to the way a sleeping bag warms its occupant.
Standard Delivery - FREE UK DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER £75.00 *
Orders under £75 - £3.99
Orders over £75 – FREE (* to most areas of England, Wales and Scottish Lowlands)
Orders under £75 - from £6.99
Orders over £75 - £3.99
(Next day services available.)
Saturday Delivery - £22.99
Orders placed up to 12pm Friday
To see postage rates for all other areas of the UK, overseas and our full delivery terms and conditions, please see our full DELIVERY TERMS
When you select an option for a product, it will either show the item is 'in stock' or there will be an 'available to ship in' showing in yellow. An 'available to ship in' is in addition to the delivery timescale above. If you have any questions about when you will receive your order, please contact our dedicated support team by email or phone on 0344 8806900
We hope you will be delighted with your purchase from The Saddlery Shop, but if for any reason you would like to return an item you have 14 days from receipt to return it so us for a full refund or 30 days if you wish to do an exchange.
Please see our Returns Policy for our full terms and conditions with regards to making a return, which also includes our returns form and address label to ensure we can process your return as quickly & efficiently as possible.